Monday, July 24, 2006

The Lion Is At Your Side


Revelation 5:5
Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed."
There He stands. He is terrible, fierce, powerful, and mighty. His head is held straight and tall, His mane a crown of golden glory. He is lithe, His muscles taut and toned. His claws gleam like swords. He is King, of that, there can be no question. For Who could stand like that and not be?

He is regal without effort, His royalty evident in His mighty roar. His tail, swishes back and forth with patient agitation. The source of which is you. Does this surprise you? Who are you that you could cause such a feeling in such as this? Who are you, O Son of Adam? Who are you, Daughter of Eve, to cause such consternation in the King?

Who am I?

Yes, who am I to cause agitation in this King? And why do I cause it? Is it my very presence? He--the King--looks at me as I think the question. If I didn't know better, I would swear I saw Him smile. And the King shakes His mighty head, His glorious mane swishing back and forth with His answer. If it is not my presence that bothers Him, then what? The clothes I wear? The music to which I listen...the images at which I look? The friends with whom I associate? The words which issue forth from my mouth? What is it?

The King looks at me intently. Those eyes...those deep, azure eyes bore into my thoughts, searching for the answer. As He looks, He raises His chin slightly. The word dignity comes to mind when I look at Him. But this word is not my answer. He knows I know. And I think I do, but I do not want to say. For to utter it, would make it so.

I ask if it is my clothes, my music, my friends, my speech. The King, this Lion of Judah, nods once, and then cocks His head to one side, as if He's saying, "And?" His tail is still twitching. I can see that He is still agitated.

Ah, but remember, the agitation is patient. I realize He is agitated for me, not with me. And that is why He is also patient. He wants me to know what He knows. He wants me to know...

Realization dawns upon my consciousness. And I am ashamed. Yes, my clothes bother Him when they proclaim Self...when they proclaim Pride. He is agitated for He wants to clothe me with Righteousness, for Righteousness' sake.

My music is a source of irritation when it proclaims the false glory of this world and denies the Glory of the Kingdom which He has prepared for us. The images I view are idols which can never equal His glory. Yes, He--our King---this Lion of Judah has prepared a Kingdom for you and for me. Those mighty talons have carved a mansion in a City of Gold with special places--places of royalty, for we are His heirs. Did you know that? Son of Adam, Daughter of Eve, you are Princes and Princesses in the Kingdom? Do you walk that way? Do you talk that way? Do you carry yourself regally or as one condemned? As His heirs, the music to which we listen should warrant His ear...the images we view, His eyes. Are these things worthy of His attention? Often...yes. Sometimes, and sadly, no.

I realize also, that it is not the friends with whom I associate that bother Him. Rather, it is the fact that I fall into their patterns of behavior, abdicating my royal inheritance. My King asks simply that I be a Prince in His Kingdom so that others will hearken to His call. So very often, I act like a vagabond peasant beggar in the Kingdom, scraping the scraps from the garbage heap when I could be a Prince, dining at the Royal Banquet.

My words also, cause this irritation in My King. The words give false directions to those around me. So often, they give directions to the Enemy's Realm, and not the Kingdom of Heaven. How often have I been responsible for misguiding others? How often have my words pointed them in the wrong direction.

More and more, I understand the agitation of my King. The cause is simply this: He is my King whether or not I acknowledge it...and more often than not, I do not.

I fail to acknowledge His royalty, thus abdicating my own.

Our King wants only to walk at our side. Wherever we go, He goes. This is what He desires. And so often, we turn away. It is not our King who forsakes us. Rather, we forsake our King.

Would we act differently if we knew the Lion of Judah, the King of Heaven and Earth walked at our side? How would we approach a situation if we knew there was a Lion at our side? Would there be any room for fear? No way. I refuse to believe it possible. If we were to face an intimidating situation with the knowledge that our King, the Lion of Judah, with those fierce eyes and mighty talon-tipped paws walked by our side, I dare believe we would be smiling!

The Lion of Judah has triumphed! Our King is victorious and we are heirs to His victory and to His Kingdom. Daughter of Eve, you are a Princess in His Kingdom. Wear your crown knowing your King walks at your side. Son of Adam, you are a Prince in the Kingdom of Heaven, stand tall and walk with the royalty that is inherent in the crown you wear.

Fear not, dear friends, there is a Lion at your side.

Now live like it.

Be WILD For Christ!

Pastor Shane

2 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

Thanks for the reminder!!

-One of His Daughters!!

9:24 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Why, yes you are, Daughter of the King! And I'm honored to know you, fellow Co-Heir to the Kingdom!

--obirev

7:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home